Smart Talent Management Workshops 2013 ONLY!
A three day Managerial Workshop for R 5995,00 per person (exc VAT).
Smart, cost effective opportunity to make YOUR BEST BETTER!!! You know that an A-Team with a B-Plan is better than a B-Team with an A-Plan! Build your A-Team = “First Line, First Time” Managers! Great individual performers seldom become effective managers without the skills and knowledge to go above and beyond ……
The Workshops will be held at: The Oval Office Park Newlands Building Sloane Street, Epsom Downs Bryanston, Johannesburg
This is an upmarket venue in the Northern Suburbs of Johannesburg. Meals, refreshments, three workbooks and writing material will be provided.
2 workshops will be held as follows:
15–17 October 2013 OR
12-14 November 2013
WHAT? (Key Areas to be covered)
• Role of a Manager
• Leadership Styles
• Interpersonal Communication
• Managing Meetings/Briefings
• 5 Stages of Effective First Line Management
• Induction / On-boarding of Staff
• Effective Delegation. Time Sensitivity, Problem Solving and Decision-Making
• Dealing With Poor Performance.
• Understanding Motivation – 10 Ways to Motivate Team.
Who Should Attend?
ü All first line / first tier managers
ü All first time managers
ü Anyone promoted into management i.e. PA or Administrator
ü Team leaders, Call centre managers, Office managers
ü Supervisors, Foremen
ü Project coordinators and other team coordinators
The transition from individual contributor to manager can be difficult – knowing what to expect and how to deal with it allows “First Line, First Time” Managers ™” to adjust quickly and transition into effective managers
Managers attending this course will learn how to:
- Create a culture of inquiry, actively involve more experienced team members, gain respect and commitment from direct reports and build moderate level of team cohesiveness
- Establish authority by improving expert and referent power, avoid micromanaging, and empower employees as well as frame roles and responsibilities through increased self- knowledge, communication, and feedback
- Maintain personal relationships without alienating other team members
- Understand the importance of role and key result areas of performance.
- Assess leadership style and how it impacts on team.
- Perform the different leadership styles necessary to motivate individual needs.
- Assess team to understand their motivational needs.
- Plan, Organise and Implement tasks, to ensure workloads and deadlines are met.
- Produce a plan of action for monitoring performance.
- Set and agree goals, with a clear understanding of expectations.
- Understand the golden rules for giving and receiving feedback.
- Delegate effectively by using a proven, tried and tested system.
- Deal with poor performance in a positive manner to increase productivity.
THE COURSE FACILITATOR
Frances Kazan MBA (UK – 2005), 20+ yrs. of teaching, lecturing and training career seekers and managers – Began teaching Accounting and Economics to Matrics, followed by start-up recruitment consultancies, to currently business coaching and talent management, focusing on organizational development and turn around strategies to reduce unwanted staff turnover. She is also lecturing at well-known business schools. Frances uses gaming techniques to ensure the learning that takes place is translated in the workplace.
1. Welcome – Introduction, Check-in and Icebreaker
2. How to be a great manager through strong leadership
3. How to manage and organize your department to meet organizational goals
4. How to manage your employees and build a strong team
5. How to hire and retain the right people
6. How to deal with conflict, problems (diversity) and difficult employees
7. How to put it all together – delegate, manage time, solve problems and make decisions
8. How to get your point across through the art of business communication
9. Summary, FAQ and Check Out
Don’t Delay – Build Your Talent Today!
Don’t miss this amazing window to turn your “First Line, First Time” Managers into your A-Team
• Experience immediate improvement in employee performance and team cohesion
• Observe increased organisational productivity and better customer satisfaction
Maximum 15 people in workshop – first come first served!
CONTACT DETIALS: email@example.com / 0833950292