The Fundamentals of Leadership for
“First Line, First Time” Managers
www.hitw.co.za (Purple Cloud Consulting is a Division of HITW Talent Management)
Attend this workshop and get ready for an amazing 2014 …. get ahead of the pack and prepare your team to optimize opportunities that come your way ….
A three day Managerial Workshop for R 4995,00 per person (exc VAT).
Smart, cost effective opportunity to make YOUR BEST BETTER!!! You know that an A-Team with a B-Plan achieves a great deal more than a B-Team with an A-Plan! You know that great individual performers seldom become effective managers without expanding their skills and knowledge to go above and beyond. This workshop will go a long way to skill-up your “First Line, First Time” Managers and empower them to become an A-Team!
The Focus Room, Sunninghill, Johannesburg.
Monday 2nd December – Wednesday 4th December 2013 from 08h00 – 16h00
WHAT? (Key Areas to be covered)
- Role of a Manager
- Leadership Styles
- Interpersonal Communication
- Managing Meetings/Briefings
- 5 Stages of Effective First Line Management
- Induction / On-boarding of Staff
- Effective Delegation. Time Sensitivity, Problem Solving and Decision-Making
- Dealing With Poor Performance.
- Understanding Motivation – 10 Ways to Motivate Team.
Who Should Attend?
- All first line / first tier managers
- All first time managers
- Anyone promoted into management i.e. PA or Administrator
- Team leaders, Call centre managers, Office managers
- Supervisors, Foremen
- Project coordinators and other team coordinators
The transition from individual contributor to manager can be difficult – knowing what to expect and how to deal with it allows “First Line, First Time” Managers ™” to adjust quickly into becoming effective managers
Managers attending this course will learn how to:
q Create a culture of inquiry, actively involve more experienced team members, gain respect and commitment from direct reports and build moderate level of team cohesiveness
q Establish authority by improving expert and referent power, avoid micromanaging, and empower employees as well as frame roles and responsibilities through increased self- knowledge, communication, and feedback
q Maintain personal relationships without alienating other team members
q Understand the importance of role and key result areas of performance.
q Assess leadership style and how it impacts on team.
q Perform the different leadership styles necessary to motivate individual needs.
q Assess team to understand their motivational needs.
q Plan, Organise and Implement tasks, to ensure workloads and deadlines are met.
q Produce a plan of action for monitoring performance.
q Set and agree goals, with a clear understanding of expectations.
q Understand the golden rules for giving and receiving feedback.
q Delegate effectively by using a proven, tried and tested system.
q Deal with poor performance in a positive manner to increase productivity.
THE COURSE OUTLINE
- Welcome – Introduction, Check-in and Icebreaker
- How to be a great manager through strong leadership
- How to manage and organize your department to meet organizational goals
- How to manage your employees and build a strong team
- How to hire and retain the right people
- How to deal with conflict, problems (diversity) and difficult employees
- How to put it all together – delegate, manage time, solve problems and make decisions
- How to get your point across through the art of business communication
- Summary, FAQ and Check Out
THE COURSE FACILITATOR
Frances Kazan MBA (UK – 2005), 20+ yrs. of teaching accounting, lecturing business subject, recruiting and developing managerial leadership and implementing retention strategies. Frances is the founder of HITW Talent Management.
Contact details: email@example.com / 0833950292